Summary of CV:Fausto Tinti, PhD Animal Biology, is Senior Researcher in Zoology at the University of Bologna. He leads the RU in Marine Biodiversity and Biotechnology (www.dipartimentobiologia.it/research/rutinti.asp). He’s teaching Marine Zoology, Population Genetics, Molecular Marine Biology and Marine biotechnology in the Bachelor/Master in Marine Biology. He has been tutor of 6 PhDs in Environmental Sciences and Biodiversity & Evolution (3 defended in the last 5 years) and of 5 post-doc research fellowships. He is author of 55 refereed papers in evolutionary biology of terrestrial and marine animals, molecular evolution, ecology and fisheries genetics of marine fish. He has been involved in the EU FP6 and FP7 projects and initiatives FISH & CHIPS, SESAME, FishPopTrace, FishBOL and MarBEF. He is coordinator of two national projects on bluefin tuna genetics and ecology.
Participation in Projects:RECENT PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROJECTS
EU-FP6 STREP (2004-2006) FISH & CHIPS “Towards DNA chip technology as a standard analytical tool for the identification of marine organisms in biodiversity and ecosystem research” (GOCE-CT-2003-505491; Role: Research Partner);
EU-FP6 IP (2007-2010) SESAME "Southern European Seas: Assessing and Modelling Ecosystem Changes (COGE 036949; Role: Research Partner and Task Leader);
EU-FP7 SMRP (2008-2011) FishPopTrace "The Structure of Fish Populations and Traceability of Fish and Fish Products (COGE 212399; Role Research Partner and Work-Package Leader.
RECENT PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION PROJECTS
“ECO GOVERNANCE –Ecological foundations for the governance of the Adriatic coastal space: ecology, monitoring and management of transitional aquatic ecosystems” (EU INTEREG/CARDS-PHARE, 2007-2008)
- G. Ferrara, L. Zane, J.K.J. Van Houdt, I. Milano, A. Cariani, G.E. Maes, F. Tinti (2010) Isolation, characterization and multiplex genotyping of 16 EST-SSR loci for the Atlantic bluefin tuna, Thunnus thynnus. Molecular Ecology Resources, in pres.
- G Riccioni, M Landi, G Ferrara, I Milano, A Cariani, L Zane, M Sella†, G Barbujani, F Tinti (2010) Spatio-temporal population structuring and genetic diversity retention in depleted Atlantic bluefin tuna of the Mediterranean. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 107: 2102-2107. doi:10.1073/pnas.0908281107.
- T Maggio, S Lo Brutto, F Garoia, F Tinti, M Arculeo (2009) Microsatellite analysis of red mullet Mullus barbatus (Perciformes, Mullidae) reveals the isolation of the Adriatic Basin in the Mediterranean Sea. ICES J Mar Scie, 66:1883-1891.
- M. Kochzius, M. Nölte, H. Weber, N. Silkenbeumer, S. Hjörleifsdottir, G. O. Hreggvidsson, V. Marteinsson, K. Kappel, S. Planes, F. Tinti, A. Magoulas, E. Garcia Vazquez, C. Turan, C. Hervet, D. Campo Falgueras, A. Antoniou, M. Landi, D. Blohm - 2008 - DNA Microarrays for Identifying Fishes. Mar. Biotechnology, Mar. Biotechnology, 10:207-217. DOI 10.1007/s10126-007-9068-3.
- F. Garoia, I. Guarniero, D. Grifoni, S. Marzola, F. Tinti - 2007 - Comparative analysis of AFLP and SSRs efficiency in resolving population genetic structure of Mediterranean Solea vulgaris. Molecular Ecology, (2007) 16, 1377–1387.