Summary of CV:Jaroslaw Tegowski(° 1955), associate professor at the University of Gdaosk (Poland) is a specialist in underwater acoustics. His research focuses on the physical understanding of acoustic remote sensing and its uses in underwater environments. He is teaching Acoustical Oceanography, Marine Physics and Seafloor Acoustics in the Bachelor's, Master's and PhD Programmes. He is promoter of 4 ongoing Ph.Ds. In total he has 51 refereed publications in Acoustical Oceanography, Environmental Acoustics, Marine Optics and Sea Surface Dynamics. He has been involved in many (inter)national research programmes (eg. FP6 ARCFAC, FP5). He spent cumulatively two years and seven months at numerous marine scientific expeditions making acoustical, optical and oceanographical measurements (eg. Polar Regions - Svalbard Archipelago, Southern Atlantic Ocean, Baltic Sea, Siberia rivers).
Experience Higher education:1983-2008 – Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences,
1998-1999 - Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, USA, Grant National Science Foundation , NSF - NATO Postdoctoral Fellowship,
2008 - till now – Institute of Oceanography, University of Gdaosk.
Participation in Projects:RECENT PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Ecosystem approach to marine spatial planning -- Polish marine areas and the Natura 2000 network. Polish-Norwegian Project. EOG/2005/049, 2007-2009.
- Estimation of macrophytes using an underwater acoustic method for the evaluation of fjord environment state (Kongsfjord, West Svalbard Island)” - ARCFAC 026129, EU FP6, principal investigator, 2007,
- Prediction of probability of steep waves and breakers formation, and rate of dissipated energy”, HPRI-CT-1999-00060, EU FP5, 2001-2003.
- The impact of Odra river waters on the ecosystem of the Pomeranian Bay”, - Grant of the Polish-German Co-operation in Warsaw, 1996-1998.
- Ostrovsky I., Tegowski J., 2009, Hydroacoustic analysis of spatial and temporal variability of bottom sediment characteristics in Lake Kinneret in relation to water level fluctuation, Geo-Marine Letters, DOI: 10.1007/s00367-009-0180-4, (in print).
- Tegowski J., Klusek Z., Jakacki J., 2006, Non-Linear Acoustical Methods In The Detection of Gassy Sediments in "Acoustics Inversion Methods and Experiments for Assessment of the Shallow Water Environment - chapter in the book, Springer, 350.
- Tegowski J.,2005, Acoustical Classification of the Bottom Sediments in the Southern Baltic Sea, Quaternary International, vol. 130, 153-161.
- van Walree P.A., Tegowski J., Laban C., Simons D., G., 2005, Acoustical seabed discrimination with echo shape parameters: a comparison with ground truth, Continental Shelf Research, 25, 2273-2293.
- Stramski D., Tegowski J., 2001, Effects of intermittent entrainment of air bubbles by breaking wind waves on ocean reflectance and underwater light field, J. Geophys. Res. Vol. 106 , No. C12 , p. 31345-31360.