Summary of CV:Artūras Razinkovas (1961), senior scientist at Coastal Research and Planning Institute, Klaipeda University (Lithuania), specializes in estuarine ecology and ecological modeling. He is the vice director of the Institute and the board member of the Doctorate School in Ecology and Environmental Sciences. Since 1980s he participated in research cruises in the Baltic Sea and Pacific Ocean. He published over 40 peer-reviewed research papers, edited and co-edited three international conference proceedings ( incl. Hydrobiologia special issue). He is a member of the Editorial Board of the international journals Transitional Water Bulletin and Transitional Water Monographs.
Experience Higher education:A. Razinkovas works at Klaipeda University since 1991, he greatly contributed to the development of the academic school of aquatic ecology at this university (founded in 1991).
Participation in Projects:RECENT PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROJECTS
Ongoing projects: EU BONUS program project AMBER (Spatial prediction of benthic habitats in the Baltic Sea: incorporating anthropogenic pressures and economic evaluation). Coordinator of the South Baltic Cross-border Co-operation Programme ARTWEI (Action for the Reinforcement of the Transitional Waters' Environmental Integrity ). Recently completed projects (2005-2009): FP6 projects MARBEF (Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functioning).
RECENT PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION PROJECTS
Lecturer at international Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Programme "Marine Biodiversity and Conservation" (2009). Lecturer at international Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Programme “Coastal & Water Management”(2005). Lecturer at the advanced NATO workshops “SUSTAINABLE USE and DEVELOPMENT of WATERSHEDS for HUMAN SECURITY and PEACE “ (2008) and NATO-Advanced-Study-Institute on Advanced Modeling Techniques for Rapid Diagnosis and Assessment of CBRN Agents Effects on Water Resources” (2007).
- A. Paldavičienė, H. Mazur-Marzec and A. Razinkovas Toxic cyanobacteria blooms in the Lithuanian part of the Curonian Lagoon, Oceanologia 2009, no. 51(2), pp.203-216.
- Razinkovas, A., Z. Gasiūnaitė, P. Viaroli and J. M. Zaldívar 2008. Preface: European lagoons—need for further comparison across spatial and temporal scales. Hydrobiologia, 611 (1): 1-4.
- Ferrarin, C, Razinkovas A., Gulbinskas S., Umgiesser G. and Bliūdžiutė L. 2008 Hydraulic regime-based zonation scheme of the Curonian Lagoon. Hydrobiologia, 611 (1): 133-146.
- Zemlys P., Ertürk A., Razinkovas 2008 2D finite element ecological model for the Curonian lagoon. Hydrobiologia, 611 (1): 167-179.
- Zaldívar, J.M., Cardoso, A. C., Viaroli, P.,Newton, A., De Wit, R., Ibañez, C., Reizopoulou, S., Somma, F., Razinkovas, A., Basset, A., Holmer, M., Murray, N. (2008) Eutrophication in transitional waters: an overview. Transitional Waters Monographs vol. 2, n. 1, pp. 1-78.