A prerequisite for admission is that applicants have a Master degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Marine Biodiversity and Conservation, or other equivalent degrees with a minimum of 60 credits.
In fact a minimum requirement of 240 ECTS combining the B.Sc. and M.Sc. (or equivalent to 4 years of graduate studies with thesis) is eligible.
Recent (max 3 years old) proof of knowledge of the English language is also a requirement (CEF-level –C1).
The following proofs of English will be allowed:
- A recent TOEFL Certificate: minimum score: 570 points (Paper) or 87 points (Internet)
- A recent IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 6.5
- A recent First Certificate in English of the University of Cambridge
- A recent Certificate of a University Language Centre testifying that the student masters the necessary knowledge of English to function academically (specify CEF-level) - C1 level
- A recent proof that the candidate followed at least 2 Years of higher education taught in English
- If you were an Erasmus Mundus Master Course student in the EMBC project, then it suffices to upload a word-document stating that you finished your EMBC Master Course.
Consult the FAQ for more information