A prerequisite for admission is that applicants have a Master degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Marine Biodiversity and Conservation, or other equivalent degrees with a minimum of 60 credits for the Master degree.
In fact a minimum requirement of 240 ECTS combining the B.Sc. and M.Sc. (or equivalent to 4 years of graduate studies with thesis) is eligible. This includes Bachelor of Honor degrees, as long as these included a thesis and took 4 years of full time study.
Sidenote: In case you are still studying for your Master during the application phase and as such cannot upload your master degree, then you will have to submit proof that you are close to finishing your Master, e.g. a proof from your university that states you are enrolled in your last year (and you could add a statement from your master thesis supervisor confirming that you will shortly be submitting your thesis and are expected to graduate this academic year.)
A recent (max 3 years old) proof of knowledge of the English language is also a requirement (CEF-level – C1). The following proofs of English will be allowed:
- TOEFL Certificate: minimum score: 570 points (Paper) or 87 points (Internet)
- IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 6.5
- First Certificate in English of the University of Cambridge
- Certificate of a University Language Centre testifying that the student masters the necessary knowledge of English to function academically (specify CEF-level) - C1 level
- A proof that the candidate followed at least 2 Years of higher education fully taught in English. This needs to be an official document fromt he university.
Consult the FAQ for more information